Is it possible to download Cydia for my device?
Cydia download or cydia install means how you can get installed Cydia on your iPhone iPad or iPod. But actually you can’t download Cydia directly on your device itself. You must go through a process called Jailbreak to download Cydia on Apple devices.
There are specific tools to Jailbreak Apple devices which based on iOS versions. The method / procedure of jailbreaking is almost same for every tool. Basic steps of Jailbreak and preparing your iPhone, iPad or iPod as follows.
download cydia- Step by Step guide for Jailbreak any Apple device
- Backup your device using iTunes.
- Download the appropriate Jailbreak tool for your iOS version
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Make sure you have disabled any pass codes or lock screens.
- Run the jailbreak tool on your PC and wait till the tool identify your device.
- Click Jailbreak button
- Wait until the tool complete Jailbreak process and device will reboot several time and will ask you to do some simple touches while the process ongoing.
- At the end you will have Cydia installed on your home screen.
Types of Jailbreaks
- Untethered Jailbreak – Cydia works as a native app. You can reboot your device anytime without losing Cydia.
- Semi-Untethered Jailbreak – Cydia will gone from the home screen if you restarted your device. You should have a tethered boot using the initial jailbreak tool to get back Cydia on your homescreen.
- Tethered Jailbreak – This is not much popular type. But you may have to use this kind of Jailbreaks in certain situations. Cydia will gone if you restarted the iPhone, iPad or iPod. You must Re jailbreak your device using proper jailbreak tool and have a fresh installation of Cydia.
Most popular Jailbreak tools and compatible iOS versions
|iOS version||Jailbreak Tool||Type||Credits|
|iOS 5.1.1||Absinthe||untethered||pod2g, Chronic Dev Team, iPhone Dev Team|
|iOS 6.0 – 6.1.2||evasi0n||untethered||pod2g, MuscleNerd, pimskeks, and planetbeing (evad3rs)|
|iOS 6.1.3 – 6.1.5||evasi0n7||untethered||pod2g, MuscleNerd, pimskeks, and planetbeing (evad3rs)|
|iOS 7.0 – 7.0.6||p0sixspwn||untethered||winocm, iH8sn0w, and SquiffyPwn|
|iOS 7.1 – 7.1.1||geeksn0w||Semi untethered||GeoHot, Winocm, Smolk1984, Matteo Piccina, msftguy, Savi0r and Arrapazh|
What happened when you Jailbreak an Apple device
Initially you don’t have admin privileges on any iPhone, iPad, iPod or Apple TV when you purchase it from store. Apple has blocked most of customizing features and blocked users by installing unauthorized apps other than apps available on App store. That means you can’t install any third party apps on your device and you can’t customize your device as you wish without having admin access. Jailbreak is the process which brings you admin privileges and provide facility to install third party apps, tweaks and repos. Cydia is the un official app store for jailbroken devices. Cydia will install on your iPhone at the end of any jailbreak process.