Unc0ver jailbreak is one of the perfect applications that jailbreakers recently released to the audience for iOS 12. And even it was the best release for iOS 11 too in earlier times. It compatible with all 64-bit iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and that running compatible iOS versions. However, Unc0ver jailbreak stands as a semi-untethered jailbreak tool. For that reason, users with unc0ver on their devices have to rerun the jailbreak app if the device will reboot and even renew once a week. At this time version 3.5.5 is the latest update that capable to support iOS 12.4 too. Behind its jailbreak status, users can embark on a Substitute based Cydia alternative with every single thing that a jailbroken user count on.
What’s new with Unc0ver jailbreak?
The tool has been developed by @pwn20wnd, @iOS_App_Dev, @HiMyNameIsUbik and @sbinger. It was only for iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 from the very beginning stage. In recent times, it became compatible with iOS 12.4 with further developments. But, it is important to flash on that iOS 12.3 is not a compatible version. It was Unc0ver jailbreak v3.5.0 which brought compatibility to iOS 12.4 for the first time.
And now, users those who have final word to jailbreak iOS 12.4 have to download the latest version 3.5.5. The latest version contains SSH support for those devices running iOS 12.1.3 to 12.4. And enclosed bug fixes made the operation stable and sharper.
Can I jailbreak and install cydia iOS 12.4?
It is important make sure whatever jailbreak tool is safe and good to apply. Although Unc0ver jailbreak is a well-known application for iOS users, there are a few points to consider in each version update. As experts say, it is better to sit and wait for a future update for Pwn20wnd clearly said that their recent v3.5.5 comes with partial support for A12(X) devices. So the code injection will not perfectly work after all. In consequence, those who wish a safer approach better remain for a fully supportive jailbreak tool in the near future.
But when it is about Cydia download iOS 12, there is no doubt about Cydia package that users will encounter. It does not matter Saurik did not proclaim whether he has a plan about Cydia substrate for A12(X) models. The exclusive substitute-based alternative will fulfill the gap perfectly.
How to jailbreak iOS 12.4 with Unc0ver?
- Download Unc0ver jailbreak latest version on your PC or Mac
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Launch Cydia impactor
- Connect iPhone/iPad to the computer with a USB/lighting cable
- Drag and drop Unc0ver IPA file on to the Cydia Impactor User interface
- Give your Apple ID logins to the next window
- Go to Settings app > General Profiles
- Find out Unc0ver app profile and tap
- Select Trust and mark changes to Delete
- Now enable Airplane mode and disable Siri
- Reboot the device
- Recheck whether Airplane mode is enabled
- Disable Wi-Fi
- Tap and open Unc0ver jailbreak app from the Home screen
- Simply tap the Jailbreak button
- The device will reboot and let you see Cydia icon on Home
Important facts to remember about Unc0ver Jailbreak
- If accidently you will not be able to see Cydia app on Home screen when the device will turn on, it may be because of improper process of the jailbreak app. So launch Unc0ver app and click on the jailbreak key once more. You may have to try several times
- Because of semi-untethered permission you will enter, Unc0ver jailbreak app should rerun every single time the device get reboot
- And those who used a regular free Apple ID will face weekly expiration that will completely remove jailbreak permission from you. So you should reset Unc0ver IPA file using Cydia impactor and rejailbreak the device